HTMLDOC converts Hyper-Text Markup Language ("HTML") files and web pages into indexed HTML, Adobe® PostScript®, or Adobe Portable Document Format ("PDF") files. HTMLDOC is provided under the terms of version 2 of the GNU General Public License.
HTMLDOC 1.8.29 Jan 3, 2016
HTMLDOC 1.8.29 is now available for download from:
HTMLDOC 1.8.29 fixes some known build and formatting issues, updates support libraries, and drops support for OpenSSL. Changes include:
- Updated local PNG library to version 1.6.20.
- Updated local JPEG library to version 9b.
- Dropped support for OpenSSL.
- Added configure script support for libjpeg-turbo.
- Updated HTTP code to latest CUPS/ippsample sources.
- Duplex PDF output incorrectly forced an even number of pages (Bug #525)
- The table of contents showed the wrong page numbers after headings containing the _HD_OMIT_TOC attribute.
- Fixed reported build issues (Bug #500, Bug #507, Bug #510, Bug #533)
- The configure script's --enable-local* options did not work.
HTMLDOC 1.8.28 Jan 6, 2014
HTMLDOC 1.8.28 is now available for download from:
HTMLDOC 1.8.28 fixes some known security issues and formatting bugs. Changes include:
- Updated local zlib to version 1.2.8.
- Updated local PNG library to version 1.6.8.
- Updated local JPEG library to version 9.
- Updated default PDF version to 1.4.
- SECURITY: Fixed three buffer overflow issues when reading AFM files and parsing page sizes.
- Fixed incompatibility with Fortify's version of strcpy, which does not work properly with variable-length arrays (STR #235)
- Fixed compilation against PNG library 1.5 or later (STR #243)
- Fixed documentation errors (PR #6593, PR #6595)
- Marked Zapf-Dingbats as a standard font (STR #198)
- Fixed GPL license text in GUI (STR #222)
- Fixed a table formatting problem when a column has multiple colspan values (PR #6709)
- Fixed parsing of HTML comments (STR #181)
- Fixed potential out-of-bounds read in table-of-contents rendering code (STR #183)
- Fixed handling of image URLs with ampersands in them (STR #186)
- Fixed top/bottom margins for logo and header/footer images (STR #174)
- Fixed image alignment bug (Bug #231)
- Fixed X11 build problem (Bug #243)
View All Articles