The first release candidate of PAPPL 1.0 is now available for download. PAPPL
is a simple C-based framework/library for developing CUPS Printer Applications,
which are the recommended replacement for printer drivers.
Download PAPPL v1.0rc1
Changes in 1.0rc1 include:
- Added IEEE-1284 device ID to argument list for printer driver callbacks
- Documentation updated (Issue #71)
- Printers discovered via DNS-SD now report their IEEE-1284 device ID string
- The “auto-add” callback is now part of the system’s printer driver interface,
allowing IPP, web, and command-line clients to access it (Issue #74)
- Now save state after deleting a printer (Issue #75)
- Now check whether a named printer already exists (Issue #76)
- Support for “output-bin-default” was missing from the web interface
- Fixed support for vendor options at the command-line (Issue #79)
- The main loop now shows an error message if an option is provided after “-o”
without a space (Issue #80)
- Fixed test page and identify buttons (Issue #81)
- Code cleanup (Issue #82)
- Boolean vendor options are now shown as checkboxes (Issue #85)
- Made several improvements to the web interface for adding printers (Issue #86)
papplSystemLoadState no longer crashes when it cannot create a printer
- Fixed a crash bug in the “autoadd” command provided by
- Added a printer creation callback to
papplSystemSetPrinterDrivers that is
run after a printer is created (Issue #90)
- Added the “path” value for the DNS-SD printer web page, and added a
registration for the system web page in multi-queue mode.
papplDeviceRead now has a 100ms timeout for USB and network connections.
- Implemented back-channel and status updates for the USB printer gadget.
- Finished implementation of test suite for major code paths/job processing
- Fixed a bug in the log rotation code.
- Fixed some threading bugs with the various object lists managed by the